- Pollen finally stops coating the window sills and car an icky green.
- You wish you were as persistent at something (anything!) as the crabgrass and violets overrunning your lawn and garden.
- You worry not only about dehydration, but also tooth decay, as you break down and serve Popsicles to the kiddos daily.
- There’s nothing to watch on TV but reality shows.
- Blueberries are finally in season and there’s something new to do with the kids! (If you can stand the heat in the fields, of course.)
- No one under 6 goes to bed before 9, even if that’s what those over 30 would prefer to do themselves.
- Bundling the kids up for winter is almost preferable to slathering on 2-3 coats of sunscreen a day.
- Large, scary looking beetles attempt to enter the house on a regular basis (what they hope to find, I don’t know…or want to know.)
- The lawn begins to die and turn brown because you’re too
cheapgreen to water it. Plants toted by Home Depot as “drought resistant” meet the same fate.
- You’re tired of drinking water and so begin drinking Crystal Light and/or diet soda by the gallon (not realizing in your haste that said soda is caffeinated.)
- Everyone is hot, cranky and tired and you let housework/yard work/anything to do with work slide.
- The forecast calls for 5 consecutive days above 90 (which you just know will turn out to be more, because it always does.)
- Your husband makes you shut down the computer because it’s generating heat.
- You add central air, an in-ground pool, and a Tiki bar to your house wish list.